Commitment to the Environment
Pioneers are civic-minded, responsible, and committed to preserving the environment. Every Pioneer has a part to play and conscientiously practise the
5Rs: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Rot
- Say No to the use of disposable bowls, plates, and other utensils
- Say No to the use of plastic bags
- Make sure taps and showers are properly turned off after use and
- Report leaks to help save water.
- Ask for less rice when you buy food.
- Turn off lights and electrical appliances when not in use.
- Use Recycled Or Environmentally-Friendly Paper For Work – Save The Trees.
- Donate or sell as second-hand, unwanted items instead of throwing them away.
- Reuse items such as photocopied papers.
- Use Recycle Bins Where Possible.
- Separate all recyclables. Place them in appropriate bins for recycling.
- As far as our environment is concerned, we ALL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
- Volunteer to be part of the Coffee Compost Project initiated by the Green Committee
Care for the campus: keep the environment clean by not littering, be responsible enough to pick up litter and throw it into the bin, report vandalism, report defects in the building or furniture.
Care for the classroom: classroom is kept clean, furniture is neatly arranged, white board is cleaned after each lesson, attractive displays are put up on notice boards, fans and lights are turned off after use.
Care for the canteen: remove all plates, cups and utensils after eating/drinking, leave the table top clean for the next person who needs to use it.