Pioneer Press was formed in 2016 after the merger of both Media Club and Pioneer Journalist Club. Pioneer Press offers students the best of both worlds – Photography and Journalism. Pioneer Press hones their photojournalistic skills through a series of workshops conducted by the CCA teachers, as well as external instructors who are well-versed in their respective fields. Our members work tirelessly to capture memorable pictures and write reports about college events and activities. They also form the student editorial board of the college newsletter Nexus. Pioneer Press also has its own publication The Pioneer Times while the Chinese journalists contribute articles to Zaobao. Other projects Pioneer Press initiates include photo exhibitions as well as VIA projects to spread our passion for photojournalism to other organizations.
To develop a passion for photography and journalism by nurturing confident and committed learners.
- To cultivate a group of young photographers and writers who show concern for their school, community, nation and the world at large.
- To develop and hone photographic and journalistic skills.
- To create opportunities to develop leadership skills and 21st century competencies.
- Capture It: To empower Pioneers to have their own voice and opinions.
- Document It: To provide exclusive coverage of the latest happenings in PJC, the community and the world.
- Experience It: To cultivate the powers of observation and discernment through students’ contact with people and events.
Teachers i/c, Instructor, EXCO and training information
Mr Nigel Kaw
Mr Lim Kok Wei
Dr Sun Yimin
Mr Billy Erwin Wooton
Mr Chua Seng Chye
Victor Chick Wing Hang (Photography)
Jane Ng (Journalism)
Charlene Chong Jia Xin
Training days and time:
Arcadia and Computer Lab 2